[Rundfunkorchester] Fwd: Soundscape Barbie

markus westphal markus_westphal at gmx.de
So Mär 17 22:07:15 CET 2019

;)

Betreff: 	Soundscape Barbie
Datum: 	Sun, 17 Mar 2019 19:06:02 +0000
Von: 	Barry Truax <truax at sfu.ca>
An: 	acoustic-ecology (acoustic-ecology at sfu.ca) <acoustic-ecology at sfu.ca>

I guess it's inevitable, given the rising interest in soundscapes, that
we'd finally get a "soundscape Barbie"!

Now, I really don't know if this is a spoof or not, but it's indicative
of something. On the one hand you might notice she's holding not just
the gear but a copy of Cage's /Silence/, but the TM signs beside
"soundscape" are a little disturbing....

Anyway, I've added it to my lecture collection of commercial uses and
abuses of the term Soundscape (which you can see in my HTML materials
under Soundscape, included in the WSP Database). Up until now my
personal favourite was Soundscape, the Party Game, but that might just
have changed!

Barry